Exploring leadership in the context of an international setting is a rewarding experience that can lead to powerful growth. The Leadership Minor is committed to providing global experiences to support interdisciplinary, multidimensional, and experiential connections with the theory and practice of adaptive leadership. The Leadership Minor offers multiple LEAD designated courses. For more information on the courses below, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. These courses count towards the Leadership Minor graduation requirements.
Did you know that many Learning Abroad experiences can fulfill Leadership Minor requirements?
- Learning Abroad experiences that are 6 weeks or longer will count as your elective if you also
- concurrently take the 1-credit online course OLPD 3332: Global Identity.
- Learning Abroad experiences that are shorter than 6 weeks do not have the option to take OLPD 3332. Contact our advising team in advance of your Learning Abroad experience to discuss additional work that could allow your experience to be approved as an elective.
- Virtual international internships can also fulfill a Leadership Minor elective requirement. Contact our advising team in advance of your Learning Abroad experience to discuss additional work that could allow your experience to be approved as an elective.
- Virtual international experiences do NOT meet Leadership Minor elective requirements (though they may meet your college requirements for a Learning Abroad experience). Please contact our advising team for more information.
Leadership Minor electives can be earned even if you have not yet officially declared your Leadership Minor.
Current Learning Abroad Experiences
There is a small amount of financial support available for those who have completed Leadership Minor courses. Upon enrollment in the courses and acceptance to the program, you will be notified about your award. Additional funding options are available via the Learning Abroad Center Finances page.