The Leadership Minor requires 2-4 elective credits in order to complete the minor. Electives can be found here.
Study abroad courses can still fulfill the elective requirements for the Leadership Minor, depending on the length and type of course and experience:
- If you take a "LEAD" study abroad, the course will count as an elective automatically
- If you go on a study abroad experience for academic credit for 6+ weeks, you can add the 1-credit online course OLPD 3330 called Global Identity. Completing this course will signal to us that you are using this study abroad experience as your elective, and we will manually update your record after you complete the course.
- For study abroad experiences that are shorter than 6 weeks, OLPD 3330 is not offered, so you will have to work with our program advisor to get the course approved as a possible elective and complete some other reflective work.
- If you are in LEAD courses and have not yet declared the Leadership Minor officially, we still encourage you to work with us and/or take the OLPD 3330 class. Then, we will update your record after you've declared.
- The hope for this change is that students are proactive in deciding on their leadership development pathways.
Students who have declared the minor prior to Fall of 2019 can find the outgoing elective & completion structure here.
This form is meant for Leadership Minor Students who have either declared or have an intent to declare the minor. We understand that academic schedules can be come compressed and there can be difficulty in finding the right amount of time to complete your degree and the leadership minor. As a way to make this process easier for you we have created this petition for your elective requirement.