Coming this fall: the 2021 Student Leadership Summit!
When: Saturday, October 2nd, 8 am - 2 pm
Where: Coffman Memorial Union
Who: Any interested U of M student
We are excited to once again gather in person as a community of leaders to engage in deeper dialogue. More info to come, including speakers, schedule, and more!
If you are interested in the Summit, fill out this interest form and we will keep you updated on SLS news and registration information!
Student Leadership Summit Vision
Our goal is to utilize this year’s Student Leadership Summit to create a conversation around anti-racism and racial justice in regards to leadership development. As such, our vision for the Summit is as follows:
Participants of the Summit will..
- Understand their role in systemic racism and intentionally work to be anti-racist through student leadership competencies
- Allow meaningful dialogue that is inclusive to different identities that comprise the U of M community
- Leverage personal strengths to engage in this conversation and understanding how each of us can contribute
- Gain understanding about three competency areas (learning and reasoning, interpersonal interaction, civic responsibility)
- Understand intersectionality in terms of leadership development
- Form a sense of community among participants in the Student Leadership Summit
Our hope is that the virtual summit this fall will be an entry point into this vision that we can continue in person together in the future.
Please contact Aavni Varadhan at email@example.com for any questions or more information about the event.